ABOUT WE EMPOWER YOU
With roots and life experiences through the 60’s to the present, We Empower You has reached countless people as they aspire to create an environment that values social justice. This dynamic not for profit organization provides information and support for anyone seeking knowledge. As the leaders of We Empower You watched Barack Obama take office in 2008, they were inspired to create an organization that could help educate individuals about the power of their vote and their ability to change the circumstances around them. With their aim set on dispelling the misconception that democracy could be labeled a spectator sport, We Empower You has been a strong advocate for informed citizens who wish to use their power.
We Empower You Inc. is a non-partisan non-profit organization that seeks to makes democracy fair, functional, and fully representative. We believe there are simple, common sense ways to strengthen our democracy and ensure all voices are heard, all views are respected, and every vote counts. We Empower You Inc is a non-profit, non-partisan organization with a history of working with scholars, civic leaders, policymakers, and journalists from across the spectrum. We Empower You Inc’s direct advocacy work is designed to meet the political challenges of our time. Our current advocacy focus is Ex-felons voting and social rights a commonsense voting participation that can fulfill the promise of representation in Congress by way of the Midterms elections while giving more choice and more power to every voter in local and state elections. We Empower You Inc’s innovations are reforms and concepts that would improve everyday democracy for every American by making government and elections more responsive, reflective, and accessible. As Americans, we expect our voices to be heard, our views to be respected, and our votes to truly count. But gridlock, low turnout elections, and increased polarization are preventing American democracy from living up to the expectations of its citizens. It’s easy to see that something is broken in American politics.
The mission of We Empower You Inc. is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
The vision of the We Empower You Inc. is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
The principal objectives of We Empower You Inc are:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States by electing representative with the same objectives.
- To use the powers in the American system to the advantage of those who face racial discrimination through legislation and representation through the democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of how to effect major change.
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise there of, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives.
We Empower You Inc. is one of the leading civil rights organizations in the Nation with chapters throughout the entire United States. We Empower You Inc was founded by JW Cherry III. We Empower You Inc works within the spirit and tradition of JW Cherry to promote a modern civil rights agenda that includes the fight for one standard of justice, decency and equal opportunities for all people regardless of race, religion, nationality or gender